Raw Mango Raita Recipe
Written by Swaati on November 17, 2021
Raw Mango Raita is a refreshing and tasty accompaniment made with mango and curd and tempered with mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Do not miss out on making this raita when mangoes are in season.
- 1 Mango (Ripe), raw
- 1-1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Oil
How to make Raw Mango Raita Recipe
- To begin making the Raw Mango Raita Recipe, prepare the mango by washing and peeling it. Grate the raw mango finely and set it aside.
- Whisk the yoghurt until it is smooth. Next add the grated raw mango, salt, chilli powder and roasted cumin powder to the curd and mix well to combine. Check the salt and seasoning and adjust to suit your taste.
- Set the raita aside while you prepare the seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a small tadka pan. When it is warm, add the asafoetida and saute for a few seconds. Add mustard seeds and allow them to crackle. Gently add in the curry leaves and allow them to crackle. Once done turn off the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the Raw Mango Raita, stir and serve.
- Serve Raw Mango Raita Recipe with Spicy Paneer Pulao With Vegetables for a tasty lunch.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9am to 2pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.