Badam Puri Recipe
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on March 18, 2022
This is a very simple and healthy sweet or you may also call it a snack to enjoy during festivals. This badam (almond) puri is baked and plus you can also have it during fasting.
- 1 cup powdered almonds
- 1 tablespoon milk, warm
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Soak more than 1 cup of almonds in water for 3-4 hours, drain excess water, peel skin and pat them dry. Once dry, grind them in a mixer. Keep aside. In this recipe, we will require 1 cup of powdered almonds. But if you end up getting more than 1 cup, preserve the powder, since we may need it at a later stage to adjust the dough.
- In a small bowl, take 1 tablespoon warm milk. To it add sugar and mix till sugar dissolves completely.
- In a big bowl, mix 1 cup powdered almonds and elaichi powder.
- Gradually add milk+sugar mixture and knead into a stiff dough. If you feel the mixture is too dry, add little milk. If you find the mixture too sticky, then add more powdered almonds.
- Take this dough between butter paper/parchment paper sheets and gently roll the dough with a rolling pin, adjusting the thickness according to your choice. We prefer crispy pooris, so we have rolled into a medium thick round.
- Cut small puris using a round cookie cutter or small steel bowl. Collect the remaining dough after cutting puris and again make a round ball out of it and roll into a round. Repeat the process for making the remaining puris. This much quantity of ingredients will yield 8-9 puris.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place puris on it.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Baking time depends on your convection. We suggest you remain alert after 10 minutes. Let the pooris come to room temperature and then check for the crispy texture. If you think you want more crisp puris, then bake for a few more minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.