Ghee Mysore Pak
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on April 5, 2023
- 1 cup besan/gram flour
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup jaggery powder/sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Dry roast 1 cup of besan on low flame for 5-8 minutes until it turns aromatic.
- Sieve the roasted besan to remove any lumps.
- Add ½ cup ghee and mix well to ensure no lumps.
- In a large kadhai take 1 cup jaggery powder, add ¼ cup water, and heat on medium flame until the jaggery completely dissolves and reaches a one-string consistency
- Add the besan ghee mixture and put the flame on low.
- Stir well until the besan-ghee mixture is combined well with the jaggery syrup.
- Add 2 tbsp of ghee and mix well until the ghee is completely absorbed.
- Add 2 more tbsp of ghee and keep mixing.
- Repeat until the mixture starts to separate from the pan (takes around 12-15 minutes)
- Transfer the cooked besan mixture to a tray lined with butter paper, level up, and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Once it sets well, carefully unmould the Mysore Pak and cut it into the desired size and shape.
- Garnish it with some pumpkin seeds.
Enjoy this ghee, Mysore Pak! It can be stored for around 2 weeks by refrigerating it in an airtight container.