Make this 5-minute Cheese Noodles for a quick and easy meal. This classic Korean comfort food is hearty, filling, and super delicious.
- 1 packet (3 oz) instant ramen noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk (full-fat milk) (add ½ cup milk if you don’t like soupy noodles)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salted butter
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped green onions (for garnishing (optional))
Heat water in a pan over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
Once the water comes to a boil, add noodles to the pan and cook the noodles for 2 minutes (or as per package instructions), stirring a few times in between.
Do not overcook otherwise, the noodles will become mushy.
Drain the extra water and transfer the noodles back to the pan.
Add milk, seasoning packet, garlic powder, butter, cheddar cheese, and ground black pepper and stir gently until the cheese melt and the sauce is creamy.
Garnish with scallions and serve immediately!