Masoor Dhal Packs for Glowing and Clear Skin
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on April 21, 2022
Masoor dal tastes great and is excellent for your regular face care regime. It comes enriched with the goodness of essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants and is absolutely safe to try. Masoor dal has almost magical effects on the face. Depending on your face type, the powdered dal can be stored and mixed with a range of ingredients to arrive at exciting face masks, scrubs and packs.
“ Masoor dal works as a bleaching agent. Once you add it to your regular face care ritual, you will see a noticeable clarity, smoothness and radiance in your face. It works as an exfoliator and helps lighten scars, spots and pigmentation,” noted, a leading Delhi-based Dermatologist.
“It is a great agent to exfoliate, clarify and cleanse the face. The water used to soak the dal can be used in face packs and masks as it retains essential minerals for the face,” a Delhi-based Beauty Expert.
Ways to Use it
Adding masoor dal to your face care routine is simple, inexpensive and similar to other ingredients like besan or Multani mitti . You can make a range of combinations with it in order to suit your face type.
- Mix masoor dal powder with milk and egg white to make a paste. Apply it to the face, and let it dry. “This becomes a powerful tightening mask that rejuvenates and tightens the face,”. Wash off and moisturise well
- Masoor dal can be used to make an anti-ageing pack wherein the powder can be mixed with powdered dry fruits, for example, walnut powder or besan. It works perfectly as a tan removing agent as well.
- Masoor dal powder can be worked into a paste by mixing it with milk. Gently scrub on the face and let it dry. Wash off and moisturise well. This will help remove dead face, pollution, and excess oil from the face. Milk gives the pack moisturising properties. Use it once a week to get rid of blemishes and uneven face tone.
- People with dry faces should mix it with honey and rub it on the face. Leave for some time and wash off. “Oily face can benefit a great deal by mixing powdered dal with a few drops of white vinegar and water and applying on the face. Normal face type can make a paste with curd and white vinegar, rub on the face, let it dry and wash off. White vinegar can be substituted with lemon juice,”
- Masoor dal powder when mixed with soaked urad dal, almond oil, glycerine and rose water works great as an anti-acne face pack.
Things to keep in mind
– Masoor dal powder can be used on the nose to remove blackheads and whiteheads, however, using it more than once a week can strip off essential oils from the face.
– Masoor dal tends to tighten the face and has a drying effect, therefore moisturising becomes extremely important after its application.
– People with sensitive or extremely dry should avoid its application
– Avoid applying it if your face has acne, pimple, rashes or allergies.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.