Spicy Chicken Shawarma Recipe
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on April 27, 2022
This recipe is quite popular during Ramadhan Kareem however you can try it out whenever you wish to. It’s great for lunch.
Ingredients for Dough:
- 2- ½ cup Maida
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Warm water as Required
Ingredients for chicken marinating:
- 400g Chicken (boneless & julienne cut)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
Ingredients for Salad:
- ½ cup Lettuce (as required) (julienne cut)
- ½ cup Carrot (julienne cut)
- ½ cup Cucumber (julienne cut)
- ¼ cup Fresh coriander
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- ¼ cup Water
How to Make Spicy Chicken Shawarma?
- In a bowl, add maida, cooking oil, sugar, yeast, and salt and mix it well by adding warm water cover and rest for 1-2 hours.
- After that knead again and dived into small balls and rest for 15 minutes
- Now roll out the dough and cook it on a hot plate. Shawarma bread is ready now
- Meanwhile get ready the Chicken, Salad, and Sauce.
- Chicken direction:
- In a bowl add Chicken, Ginger Garlic Paste, Yogurt, BBQ Sauce, Salt, Cumin Powder, Black Pepper, Red Chili Powder, Lemon Juice and marinate for 2 hours
- After that add 2 tbsp cooking oil to a cooking pan and cook marinated chicken until tender. And set aside
- Salad Preparation:
- In a bowl add, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, fresh coriander, salt, vinegar, and water and mix it well.
- Sauce Preparation:
- In a bowl, mayonnaise, yoghurt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic and mix it well
- Shawarma Assembling:
- Serving Style 1:
- Place the prepared sauce, and ketchup on shawarma bread and put some prepared salad, cooked chicken, and jalapeno, and fold the shawarma bread and hold it with a wooden stick.
- Serving Style 2:
- Place the prepared sauce, ketchup and lettuce on shawarma bread and put some prepared salad, cooked chicken, jalapeno, and wrap with butter paper.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.