Sweet Potato Raita Recipe
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on March 25, 2022
This is easy-to-make and delicious raita prepared using sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes or shakarkand are good sources of dietary fibre, vitamin A and potassium.
INGREDIENTS (1 CUP = 240 ML)
- 2medium sized sweet potatoes boiled, peeled and chopped
- ½cup curd/dahi
- ½teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- small bunch of coriander leaves chopped
For the tempering
- 1teaspoon oil
- ¼teaspoon mustard seeds/rai
- ¼teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1slit green chilli
Steam cook 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes. Peel and roughly chop them into small pieces.
- In a wide bowl, combine curd, salt, sugar, chopped sweet potato and coriander leaves. Mix well and keep aside.
- In a small kadhai or tadka pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once seeds crackle, add jeera, green chilli and hing. Switch off the flame.
- Immediately pour the prepared tempering on the curd-sweet potato mixture. Mix well.
- Raita is ready. Serve this yummy sweet potato raita as a side dish along with your lunch/dinner.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.