This is one of the most popular soup recipes in Indo-Chinese cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour (corn starch) dissolved in ¼ cup of water
- 1tablespoon Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) White part, chopped finely
- 1 ½teaspoons Ginger chopped finely
- 1 ½teaspoons Garlic chopped finely
- 1 Green chilli chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Celery chopped finely
- ¼ cup Cabbage chopped finely
- ¼ cup Carrot chopped finely
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped finely
- ¼ cup Green beans (French beans) chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- 2cups vegetable stock or water
- 2-3 teaspoons of Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup Fried noodles
- Spring onion (green onion or scallion)Green stalks, chopped finely for garnishing
- First, we need to make fried noodles which will go on top as garnishing at the end.
- This needs to be pre-planned, as boiled noodles will require some time to dry out.
- Then deep-fried in the oil. You can find the recipe for fried noodles link below.
- So, while the noodles are drying, make the soup. While the soup is simmering, fry the noodles.
- Now make a cornstarch slurry. Take cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Make a smooth paste by adding ¼ cup of water. Keep it aside till needed.
- Also prep all the veggies and rest of the ingredients.
Making Veg Manchow soup recipe:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli, celery, and green onions. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Then add all chopped veggies. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add vegetable stock or water. Let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the cornstarch mixture. Before adding it to soup, do stir once.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes or till the soup thickens slightly.
- Now add soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well and cook for a minute only.
- Then turn off the stove.
- Remove the soup to an individual serving bowl. Add fried noodles.
- Lastly garnish with chopped spring onion greens.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.