- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g frozen peas
- 1/2 carrot, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 4-6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g, long-grain rice, boiled
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Spring onions, sliced (optional)
- White pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice. see our recipe for boiled rice. Leave the rice to cool as it is easier to manage when cooled. When ready to stir fry, fluff up the cold rice with a fork before frying.
- Slice or dice the vegetables
- Heat oil in a wok, on high heat until hot.
- Add the onion, carrots and green pepper and fry for a minute. Then add in the mushrooms and peas. Fry for another 2-3 minutes. Once done, place the vegetables in a dish and put them to one side.
- Next, pour beaten egg into the wok, stirring constantly. When the egg has cooked a little into a scramble (about a minute or two) add in the boiled rice and fry for three minutes.
- Now add the vegetables back into the wok and incorporate them into the rice. Finally, add salt, soy sauce, and sesame oil, and fry for another two minutes. Serve.
- For extra garnishes add 1 bunch of chopped spring onions.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.