Carrot Badam Kheer is a delicious milk pudding that can be had either warm or cold. The addition of milk, carrots and dates makes this kheer very nutritious and wholesome too.
- 3 Carrots (Gajjar), peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Badam (Almond)
- 5 Dates, pitted
- 500 ml Milk
- Saffron strands, (optional)
- To begin making the Carrot Badam Kheer recipe, we will get the almonds ready. Soak the almonds in warm water for about half an hour. After half an hour, you will notice the skin has become tender and will slip easily. Remove the skin from the almonds.
- Our next step is to blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Add the carrots, almonds, dates into the blender. Add a little milk at a time and blend to make a smooth puree. Once the mixture is smooth, add the remaining milk and blend again.
- Transfer the carrot badam kheer to a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Turn the heat on to medium-high and give it a brisk boil. Adjust the consistency by adding water or more milk to suit your taste.
- Turn off the heat and set aside or transfer to a serving bowl.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan; add the cashew nuts or almonds and roast them until golden brown. Stir in the roasted nuts into the above carrot kheer. Serve Carrot Badam Kheer