Home Remedies for Shining Stainless Steel Pans
Written by Angie Sharma on July 8, 2022
Baking Soda Scrub
Another mild way to clean and shine stainless steel cookware is with a homemade baking soda scrub. Mix two tablespoons baking soda into a pint of warm water. Dip a soft cloth into the mixture and wipe the inside and outside of the pan with it. For stubborn spots, dip a damp, clean toothbrush or vegetable brush into baking soda and scrub the affected area. Rinse and dry the pan afterward. For added shine, wipe the outside of the pan with a soft cloth soaked in vinegar, then let it air dry.
Removing Burnt Food with Salt and Lime
Salt and lime can be combined to create an effective cleaning solution when it comes to removing burnt food. The acidity of the lime works to combat tough particles burned onto the pan, while the coarseness of the salt makes it easier to scrub away loose food. To remove stuck-on food using salt and lime, follow these steps:
- Add salt and lime: Squeeze lime juice into your pan and add salt.
- Let the mixture rest: Allow the mixture to rest in the pan for several minutes.
- Add more salt: Sprinkle more salt into the pan.
- Scrub: Immediately begin scrubbing with a non-abrasive scrubber.
- Rinse: Once excess food is removed, rinse and dry as normal.