Written by Sneh Chaudhry on November 2, 2021
Fresh Yogurt/Curd – 2 Cups
Chopped Mango – 2 Cups
Sugar – 2 tbsp [or to taste]
Rose Water or Kewra Water – 1 tsp [optional]
Fresh Crushed Cardamom – 1/2 tsp
Chopped Pistachio – 2 tsp (for garnishing)
Saffron/Kesar – A Pinch (plus garnishing)
- Peel mangoes and chop them.
In a blender or mixer add mango pieces, sugar and puree.
3. Now add yoghurt, cardamom powder, saffron and kewra or rose water.
4. Blend again until smooth or for a minute.
5. Pour in serving glass or chill and serve with pista and saffron garnish.
- You can add 1-2 tbsp of fresh cream to the lassi.
- Adding saffron, kewra or rose water is optional, if you don’t have both then just ignore it.
- Use chilled yoghurt and curd instead of adding ice cubes for a thick, creamy lassi.
- You can add 1/2 cup of milk if preferred.
- Use any variety of mango you like.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9am to 2pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.