Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on April 5, 2022
Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe is a must-try sweet delicacy made with sweet potato and semolina. The sweet is simmered in coconut milk and flavoured with saffron strands. Adding sweet potato is also another way to eat something healthy and not worry about extra calories.
- 1 Sweet Potato, skin removed and grated
- 1 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or jaggery
- 2 tablespoon Sooji (Semolina/ Rava)
- 10 Saffron strands
- 10 Cashew nuts, for garnish
How to make Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe
- To begin making the Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe, grind the coconut and cardamom in a mixer with water, and try to extract as much coconut milk from the pulp.
- Once you squeeze out all the coconut milk from the pulp, add it to a saucepan with grated sweet potato, milk, sugar, and saffron strands and bring it to a boil.
- You can a pinch of salt to just balance out the sweetness. Once the kheer thickens, you can add the semolina and keep stirring until the semolina boils.
- Switch off the heat, and serve it in a bowl with some chopped cashew nuts.
- Serve the Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe after a Sunday lunch.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.