Dal Soya Parantha Recipe
Written by Sneh Chaudhry on February 24, 2022
Paranthas stuffed with a highly flavoured and nutritious mixture of chana dal and soya chunks will leave you asking for more and more….
- Split Bengal gram (chana dal) soaked and boiled 3/4 cup
- Soya chunks, soaked in hot water 1 cup
- Readymade whole wheat flour dough 250 grams
- Ghee 1 tbsp + for basting
- Fennel seeds (saunf) 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds (ajwain) 1 teaspoon
- Ginger, finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies, finely chopped 2-3
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Black salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried mango powder (amchur) 1
- Black peppercorns, crushed 1 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander sprigs 10-12
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add fennel seeds, cumin seeds and carom seeds, mix and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and green chillies, mix and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add Bengal gram and soya chunks and mix.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, black salt, dried mango powder and crushed peppercorns, mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender jar and blend it to a coarse paste. Transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Chop coriander leaves, add to the bowl and mix well. Add salt and mix again.
- Heat a non-stick Tawa.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Roll out each portion to a disc, place a portion of dal-soya mixture in the centre, bring edges together, press to seal and roll into a ball.
- Dust each stuffed ball with dry flour and roll out into a parantha.
- Place the paranthas on the hot Tawa, one at a time, and cook, basting with ghee, till evenly cooked and golden on both sides.
- Transfer onto individual serving plates and serve hot with your choice of pickle.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal from 9 am to 2 pm on Radio Sargam with your Show host Sneh Chaudhry on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki.