Do not throw your leftover rice as you can make various rice dishes including Fried Rice & Rice Samosa.
- left over rice
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- A few chopped coriander leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- Black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 big onion, chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 tbs flour
- Cooking oil for frying
- Make a dough, put it aside.
- Mix the rice with the spices. That is coriander leaves, tumeric powder, black pepper, garlic, onions and salt then warm for 2-3minutes.
- Let the mixtures cool as you now focus on making little balls and rolling them.
- Meanwhile heat your oil to deep fry the Samosas
- Make the triangular samosa pockets and fill in the rice mixture. Then use the flour paste to seal the fillings
- Deep fry them in the medium heat till golden brown
- Serve with your favourite chutney.
Stay tuned to Mahekta Aanchal on Radio Sargam with your show host Sneh Chaudhry from 9am to 2pm daily on 103.4FM in Suva to Nausori Corridor, Central Division, Nadi, Lautoka & Labasa, 103.2FM in Sigatoka, Coral Coast, Ba, Vatukoula, Tavua & Savusavu and 103.8FM in Rakiraki